Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Numero Due - The Oasis of Revival

Thanks to all who have encouraged my intent to blog and sing... I really appreciate it. Especially to Harish, who showed me how to do a multi-track recording and to Garima and Lanka, who pointed out that my voice when I sing, sounds nothing like me… :)

So here is the second dosage of the karaoke intento…

1. Wonderwall by Oasis

The band that is hailed as the second Beatles. Oasis from Manchester, England creates rock music with a soothing effect. This song “Wonderwall”, as explained by the band’s lead singer Noel, “is about an imaginary friend who's going to come and save you from yourself”

I dedicate this song to that very real amazing person in my life, who has been my wonderwall, shielding me in times of need and always being there for me… The most amazing friend…. This is to her.

If you haven’t heard the original, check it out here...

Song: Wonderwall
Originally sung by: Oasis
Album: (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
Sung by: Raghu


Powered by Castpost


2. Champagne Supernova by Oasis

This was the first song of Oasis I heard. Just thought I can do it. It is said that Noel got the title when he misheard the name of the Pixies album Bossanova whilst watching a documentary about champagne. Another version is that a "champagne supernova" is the experience of smoking marijuana whilst drinking champagne. Anyway, here’s to Champagne Supernova, Cheers

If you haven’t heard the original, check it out here...

Song: Champagne Supernova
Originally sung by: Oasis
Album: (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
Sung by: Raghu


Powered by Castpost


3. Bad Moon Rising by CCR

Starting out as The Blue Velvets, CCR (Credence Clearwater Revival), is a 60’s rock band with a tinge of folk/country touch to their songs. "Bad Moon Rising" is a 1969 song consisting of a prediction about apocalyptic weather conditions. It doesn’t suit my voice much, but I couldn’t resist. So here it is

If you haven’t heard the original, check it out here...

Song: Bad Moon Rising
Originally sung by: Credence Clearwater Revival
Album: Green River
Sung by: Raghu


Powered by Castpost

Eagerly awaiting comments :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude ..Gotta agree wit ur friends ..
u sound totally different ..pretty good actually ..wtg

Anonymous said...

hey!
nice to hear....mr.Rao on SONG!lol
cool dude teach me how to do this ...you inspire me
jolly good show!
pai

Madhu said...

Ohh man I agree with your friends too...was too polite to say it last time around :)

Funny..just last night, a friend an I were discussing Champagne supernova..that how it could be the brilliant flashes of light that one sees when high..

Raghu said...

bhatta - thanks man.. :)
pai - U r a guy whose always on song, so Chill Maadi
madhu - i totally agree with you, not to mention the dizzy impact :)

Thanks all for all the patient listening...

Tweety said...

Hey Nice! Surprised to know you sing and so well on top of that! :)
I am a huge fan of Oasis myself...and Wonderwall is one of my favourites.
Great! Keep singing and posting good stuff :)